Saturday, February 14, 2009

WPPI 2009 - The biggest thing for us photographers!

All year long, I am all about my great clients, family and work. For one week a year, I attend WPPI (Wedding & Portrait Photographers International) in Las Vegas, NV. Listening to the best photographers in the world, getting inspired by the most amazing artists, is what enables me to come back to DC, fully charged and inspired and let it reflect on my photos .So, this week is about me, reminding myself how much I love what I do, and how lucky I am to enjoy what I do, each and every day.

Hadar and I are staying at the MGM Grand, though it’s a beautiful Hotel and the weather in Las Vegas is amazing, we’ll never get to enjoy it as we’re either in classes all day, or just meeting so many people, eating, laughing, listening, networking, a bit of gambling and trying to sleep... Some of the time we spend watching and listing to the judges critiquing submitted photos to competitions in various categories - one of the most educating experiences!

Here are a few selected photos of a few of those amazing people I met today, most of them not for the first time and it’s always hypnotizing just listening to them, passing the best of what they do, to us the photographers.

In the photos below are André Amyot, Doug Box, Hadar Goren, Kenny Kim, Laura Novak, Mitche Graf, Skip Cohen, Tony Hewitt, Yervant and Michele Celentano


Day one - registration

Photobucket

Opening Reception

Photobucket

The great view and what we simply have no time to experience...

Photobucket

About to enter the Class, Hadar chatting with California Wedding photographer Wayne

Photobucket


Kenny Kim with his bazzoka
Photobucket


First class - Yervant, introduced by WPPI President, Skip Cohen
Photobucket

Yervan, solo

Photobucket


Money comes, money goes...

Photobucket

Mitche Graf introducing Michelle Celentano
Photobucket

Hadar, Michelle Celentano and Myself

Photobucket


Doug Box

Photobucket

Andre Amyot

Photobucket

Judges inspecing focus p and close at the wedding photography competition

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Kenny Kim does what he does best!

Photobucket


Photobucket

Hadar, Mitche and myself

Photobucket

Australian Master Photographer, Tony Hewitt

Photobucket

Don't ask me why he's handing a rose to this guy

Photobucket







Photobucket


Photobucket



1 comment:

Natalie Franke said...

Hope you're having fun!! =)

Wedding Photography | WeddingWire Reviews