Friday, February 20, 2009

WPPI: Never a Dull Moment!

So I’m recovering from serious jet-lag and sleepiness after spending 6 nights in Sin City. WPPI was amazing this year! I really enjoyed the day-and-a-half Business Institute classes, and took in the inspiring platforms by Yervant, Mitche Graf, Tony Hewitt, Michelle Celentano, Skip Cohen and Doug Box – completely worth the extra trip time.

On the second night of the Trade show, Nikon threw an amazing party at the MGM Grand arena with awesome tunes by Blues Traveler. It was a really fun night, but nothing compared to what happened to me the next day. I was chilling in the hotel lobby, minding my own business and hanging out with my Canon Mark III, when two guys I met the day before ran up to me and said, “Hey, you won a D700 from Nikon!” I thought these guys had one too many margaritas since I never, and I mean never, win anything. I laughed, but they insisted that it was true.

I took a chance and popped by the Nikon booth on the expo floor the next day, and much to my surprise, I was the grand prize winner of a Nikon D700 outfit raffle, complete with a 24-120 millimeter VR lens, and an SB900 flash. It was seriously a nice prize package and who would have thought that I’d go to Vegas and come home a winner? Thanks Nikon for the fabulous gift and can’t wait for WPPI 2010!


Nikon D700


1 comment:

Poppa-D said...

Holy crap - congratulations. I am a commercial photographer in Phoenix and am saving up for a D700 [drools while typing] - as a Canon shooter, do you have any interest in selling the D700? [crosses fingers]

Wedding Photography | WeddingWire Reviews